Tuesday 19 August 2014

The frail 75 year old woman lay in the intensive care unit.  She had been brutally attacked in her own home by a crazed knife wielding intruder.  The doctors said she was unlikely to pull through and would prove fatal in the next few hours.   As the detective leading the case to find her attacker, I suspected she knew the identity of her attacker.
I sat on her bed and gently coaxed her to tell me who had done it.  She tried to lift her head and said....."It's, It's---." before going back to sleep.   I coaxed her again eager to find the identity of the attacker.............."Come on Mary you can tell me".
Again she said "It's - It's - It's my bloody leg - your sitting on it!!"
By the way Mary survived the attack.  I arrested her attacked who received a long prison sentence.  

This is one of the more lighthearted stories from my book - 'The Irish Detective in Yorkshire' which is available from Amazon Books on  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Irish-Detective-Yorkshire-Gerry-OShea/dp/1910097187/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1416089910&sr=1-1&keywords=gerry+o%27shea

No comments:

Post a Comment