Wednesday 2 July 2014

Greetings!

                                                         
                                                                 Welcome Aboard!

Greetings fellow readers and writers, and a warm welcome to my blogspot! I'm looking forward to sharing my thoughts and experiences, and hopefully learning from you all along the way.
I'm Gerry O'Shea, a retired high ranking detective with over thirty years of service and countless distinctions under my belt. I've dealt with crime at every possible level, working my way up from the local Bobby, patrolling my beat on the highways and backstreets of Yorkshire, to making crucial, high pressure, split-second decisions to influence outcomes when dealing with the most high profile of crimes - when it comes to criminality and how to police it, I've seen it all... Nothing can surprise me.
My path to the top was by no means easy. As a young Irishman endeavouring to carve a future for myself in what was a socially unpredictable Britain, I found myself growing increasingly frustrated at the seemingly acceptable way in which I was looked down upon. The butt of the oh so common 'Paddy Irishman' jokes, I decided to let my determination and ambition take over, rather than allowing my frustrations to get the better of me. My story is powerful and will resonate with everyone of Irish descent, all too familiar with tales of their fathers and forefathers and the historic struggle to thrive.
My story became my adventure, and I'd like to introduce you to my latest project-my biography.
My latest book, The Irish Detective In Yorkshire is my story, in my words. Available over the coming weeks (through this blogspot), the book is a captivating record of the life and career of an ambitious police officer, dealing with the sharp end of the criminal dagger-a gripping insight and behind the scenes look at the contrast of work and family life.
Stay tuned for updates and snippets from the book, The Irish Detective In Yorkshire. In the meantime, I look forward to connecting with you!
Yours in writing,
Gerry.


No comments:

Post a Comment